Revenue Development Coordinator, Theatre on The Ridge
Length: 20 weeks; 15 – 20 hours/week Rate: $50.00/hr
Start Date: mid November 2023
This position supports the company’s mission and value, providing all back up services for the fundraising plan in place for the organization, although additional revenue development ideas are also welcome. The management of the record keeping, fundraising activities and events is key to this position.
The position reports to the General Manager but the Coordinator will also work closely with the revenue development team to coordinate day-to-day fundraising, including major gifts, annual giving and specific campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have a familiarity with the non-profit field and a passion for the arts and its role in civic engagement and community building.
The incumbent will work in a hybrid work format (in person and remotely) and will also work regularly with appropriate production & artistic team members as required, including the Bookkeeper, Patron Services, and Marketing Coordinators.
Due to the nature of the position, some work and events will occur outside office hours, including evenings and weekends. Due to the office location and various facilities in the Township, the successful candidate must have access to reliable transportation.
Organization details can be found at: https://theatreontheridge.ca
Applications will be accepted until November 10th, 2023.
Contract commences by November 20th, 2023 and ends April 30th, 2024.
Please submit a cover letter and detailed resume including relevant formal training and/or experience to the General Manager at email@example.com. Please include TOTR Rev Dev Coordinator in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, but will be contacting only those candidates offered an interview.
NOTE: Details will be discussed in a second interview before any offer is made.
The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada, under relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
The candidate will possess the following knowledge and skill sets:
– Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
– Strong time management and organizational skills
– Superior oral and written communication skill
– At least 2 years working in fundraising and development, preferably in the not-for-profit sector, including theatre.
– Equivalent, relevant experience and training will be considered.
– Familiarity with a live theatre environment would be an asset.
– Knowledge of the Durham not-for-profit sector would be an asset.
– Knowledge of not-for-profit fundraising practices and principles
– Experience with event coordination, including liaising with external vendors
– Experience with office software (Office Suite, Excel) and CRM software
– A problem solver who can work both independently and across teams
– A willingness to review and improve current record keeping systems
– Ability to work independently and with teams in a high energy, multi-task, creative
– Ability to represent and advocate for the organization and the sector.
Please visit us at https://theatreontheridge.ca/about-us-2/ to learn more about our mission and values.
This is a contract position with no formal benefits package. We do offer flex time options, complimentary tickets, work with a passionate workforce and in a supportive rural community.
“Theatre 3×60/Theatre on the Ridge is committed to diversity and inclusion in our hiring and recruitment
practices, and encourage applications from culturally diverse persons, Indigenous persons, deaf persons
and persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or
gender expression. We welcome applications from persons with disabilities to the extent possible with
the physical spaces of our venues and requirements of the positions available.”